Friday, May 27, 2016

2B End of Year Reflections


Dear 2B Students,

It has been my absolute pleasure to teach you this year. You have all grown as learners and I am very proud of you. I will miss your funny jokes and great dance moves! Congratulations on a successful year in Grade 2!

Ms. Ciara


Please read through your classmates' reflections on a great year of learning:
Hibiki: 
From our How The World Works (Earth Changes) unit, what new ideas about earthquakes have you thought about?
Before we started this unit, I just thought that earthquakes and tsunami are dangerous. I thought that I could tell everyone to stop letting them happen. But during the unit, I learned that earthquakes and tsunami are physical features that you can not control over. I realized that it’s important to be prepared for them.
Ako: 
How have your thoughts or feelings changed since you started learning addition?
At first it was a little hard for me. But I’ve learned new addition strategies this year, so now it is easy. 

Clara: 
How have your thoughts or feelings changed since you started learning about our Sharing The Planet (Seas and Oceans) unit?
When we started the oceans and seas unit, I felt happy because I like sea creatures. I liked learning how to protect coral reefs.

Sara: 
What subject do you think you have improved the most in? 
I have gotten better at Math. I can do subtraction with regrouping and addition with many digits.

Yuri: 
What subject do you think you have improved the most in? 
I think I have improved in my writing. I know I have improved because I am able to write many pages and my spelling is getting better.

Mary: 
What new ideas has Music and Dance classes made you think about?
When I sing, I think that I can be louder. My idea is to use my voice to sing a bit louder. When I dance, I will listen and look, so I can dance better. 

Yuna: 
What new ideas has Art class made you think about?
When I draw, I like to think about how I can improve my drawings. I think it would be great to add more pictures. 

Olivia: 
How do you feel about what you learned about cave art?
I learned how to draw cave art in Art class. You draw pictures of animals then crumble your paper so it will look like art on cave walls.

Ai:
How could you improve in Math?
I think I could use Mathletics and practice lots of questions.

Kaho: 
How do you feel about what you have learned in our Time and Place unit?

When I was learning about the Japan’s past, I felt that a long time ago some of the things were different. I think it was so different. I think now and a long time ago toys were different because now we have toys that can move by themselves. A long time ago, people in Japan were using toys that needed to be moved by hand.

Lia: 
How have you thoughts or feelings changed since you started Grade 2’s Sharing The Planet (Seas & Oceans) unit?

I now think I should not eat fish and other sea creatures.

Miyu: 
What might you do to improve next time?

I think I should improve in writing a story. I could start by writing more interesting leads.

Emma: 
What is one thing you are really sure about? How do you know?

I’m really sure that I am good at art. I know this because I can teach others about art.

Lucy: 
What kind of thinking have you been doing to learn about Art?

I’ve been thinking about how to draw realistically.

Noushin: 
How do you feel about what you learned in Art?

I always feel happy about art. We made trading cards.

Alyssa: 
What is the one thing you are really sure about?

I am really sure about ballet, because I have been learning it for four years.

Yurina: 
How have your thoughts or feelings changed since you started learning fractions?

I felt excited because I didn’t know how to do fractions before. Now, I can solve many fractions questions!

Yun Hee: 
What new ideas has ICT made you think about?

I am learning how to type.

Ane & Seo Yoon: 
What might you do differently next time? How could you improve?

We thought sentence starters were hard. We can improve by using different sentence starters in our stories.

Yumi: 
How do you feel about fractions?

When I didn’t know about fractions, it was hard. But after I learned about the denominator and the numerator, it was easy! 

Moma: 
What are your next steps in your learning?

My next steps are to use my word bank while I write stories. This will help me with my spelling.




No comments:

Post a Comment